As part of the new instructional program for the entire Blue Bell Membership, we are proud to introduce the programs and schedule for the 2013 Jr. Golf season. The Blue Bell staff and the Swing with Freedom (SWF) coaches have partnered to implement a junior golf program that will both excite and challenge junior golfers of all ages and skill level. We encourage you to take time to review this booklet with your juniors so each of you can start to get as excited as we are for the upcoming season.
The goal of all of our junior programs is to teach the youth of today a game that will last a lifetime. It is a widely known fact that golf plays a major role in business. Individuals who have a background in golf can use their ability as a spring board to achieve greater success. By learning the game at an early age can only prove to be beneficial for the rest of their life.
Along with golf fundamentals, our coaches stress the importance of honesty, patience, perseverance, and companionship, all of which directly affect their life off the course as well.
Our coaches have put together an extensive program for the 2013 golf season that offers a variety of programs to fit each junior’s need and schedule.
This Booklet will provide you information on the following:
- Club Information
- Coach and Instructor Backgrounds
- Overview of the Junior Program Offerings
- Junior Golf Association Information
- Family Golf Night
- Summer Camps
- Competition Schedule
- Various Instructional Opportunities
- Swing with Freedom Specific Coaching
- Junior Rules and Regulations
- Parent Tips and Suggestions
For more information on Junior golf, to sign up for the Junior golf association, or to learn about additional opportunitites, please contact the golf shop at 215-616-8101.
In order for a Junior Golfer to earn unsupervised, individual access to the golf course they must be ‘Certified’. Certification requires several steps and this process is necessary to ensure that junior golfers have demonstrated adequate golf skills; through knowledge of proper etiquette; playing ability; and a working knowledge of the rules of golf. To achieve ‘certified status’, a junior must meet the following parameters:
- The junior must be at least 12 years old. Juniors may attain certification at a younger age, but unsupervised access to the golf course and driving range will not be permitted until the junior turns 12.
- The junior must shoot a score of 55 or better for 9 holes from the red tees.
- The junior must pass a written rules & etiquette test, and reinforce such knowledge during the playing portion of the certification.
This certification process is stringent in order to ensure that our junior golfers are properly prepared to enjoy facility privileges. Additionally, the process will help us develop players who are fully cognizant of the responsibilities that come with being a Blue Bell Country Club Junior Golfer.
To set-up a certification day and time all you need to do is contact the golf shop.